Newsletter of the Rotary Club of Green Bay Monday, April 7, 2019
Ken Wachter, CEO of PMI Entertainment group, spoke on Monday April 1 st about the coming Brown County Expo Center Expansion. The project will begin work in May 2019 and is scheduled to be finished in January of 2021 (no kidding).
In place of the Shopko Hall, the Veterans Arena and the old Packer Hall of Fame will be an arena three times the size of Shopko Hall’s current size. The plans are to ensure out door space for events, enhance the area around the Veterans memorial and create a venue to hold a more diverse selection of entertainment.
The last event at the arena was April 6th – demolition should take two months.
- Monday April 8th - Green Bay Area Titans - Steven Baker
- The Rotary Meeting for this Monday will be in the Internal Meeting room. This room is located in the Breakout Lobby to the left of the women’s restroom closest to Associated Bank. This is the room with the glass window. The registration table will be outside the room which will make it easy to find.
- The Hyatt is hosting 2500 high school FBLA students. They will be bussed in so parking shouldn’t be a problem.
- Monday April 15th -Ken Webb Research associate at UW-GB and Claire Thompson Executive Director of The Farmory
Upcoming Committee Meetings
- Rotary Foundation of Green Bay - Business Meeting April 9, 3:30 at 310 Pine St.
- FEA Committee meeting – April 10th 8:30 am 310 Pine St.
Community Service Committee April Project-
- Bingo at the Odd Fellows Home 1229 S. Jackson St. (https://www.ofrha.org)
- Tuesday April 9 beginning at 6:15 pm. They expect between 12-24 residents and said we could bring as many Rotary members that we want. (Former date was cancelled due to health issues).
April 29th is our 5th Monday of the Month!
No noon meeting. Our meeting will start at 5:00 pm at Neighborworks in the conference room. Claire Thompson, Executive Director, of The Farmory will give us an overview of the Aquaponics System followed by a tour of the progress of the Farmory project.
After the tour we can head over to Fox Harbor 2nd floor for food and social.
Meet at Neighborworks - 437 S. Jackson St; Green Bay, WI
followed by social at Fox Harbor 348 S. Washington St.
Please register yourself and any guests by Friday April 19th$15. Non-members added to your next invoice, members no cost
Any questions contact Mary Denissen at email@example.com or 920-609-0056
Candidates for Rotary Board Positions.
The Rotary Club of Green Bay, under Article 2 has a Board of Directors.
“The governing body of the Club shall consist of a minimum of 12 members, including the President, President-Elect, President-Nominee, Past-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and six (6) Directors at large. “
Directors will be allowed two consecutive three-year terms.
Our current at large Directors are: Tom Guyette**, Gina Evans**, Larry Sarver, Bobbi Giles*, Jim Lienau and Michael Martin. Jim DeCoster** serves as secretary.
(*first three-year term completed; ** second three-year term completed)
The following are candidates for the Rotary Club of Green Bay Board of Directors – Terms to begin July 1, 2019:
- Jeff Vande Leest
- Judy Nagel (Judy’s term on the Foundation board ends June 30,2019)
- Katheryn Kroll
- Tom Shefshek
- Bobbi Giles – Running for second term
- Jim DeCoster to serve as secretary – (NB: “In the case of the Secretary and Treasurer’s position, after serving 6 years on the board, if there is not a successor for these positions, their term can exceed 6 years by Board vote”
NEST MONDAY - We will vote to elect 3 people from the first five in the list above. If none of these elected individuals chooses to be secretary, then Jim DeCoster will continue his role as secretary per board approval.
The board would like to thank Tom Guyette, Gina Evans, Bobbi Giles, Jim DeCoster and Miranda Bonde for their years of service.
FEA Committee meeting – April 10th 8:30
Rotary Club of Green Bay presents the Free Enterprise Award Dinner
Monday May 20, 2019, Radisson of Green Bay
2040 Airport Drive, Green Bay, WI 54313
from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM CDT
Get your tickets soon! –
See you on Monday!!
Rotary Club of Green Bay
Facebook Keep up to date. "Like" our club page.
Comments powered by CComment