Newsletter of the Rotary Club of Green Bay January 10, 2019
- Monday - January 14 – Chief Andrew Smith, Green Bay Police Dept.
- Monday – January 21 – Secretary Laura Gutiérrez from the Wisconsin Department of Safety & Professional Services – Wisconsin’s opioid crisis and the DSPS Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP)
Our first meeting of 2019 was loaded! We had two classification talks from Emily Ames and Mindy O’Neil. We met three Green Bay Rotary Foundation scholarship awardees, all nursing students in a 1-2-1 program between NWTC and UWGB. Howard Hauser presented his work on developing a Brand Strategy for our club and we were awarded three special 2017-2018 club banners recognizing our club’s generosity in support of the Annual Fund. Our club was distinguished from more than 35,000 Rotary clubs worldwide as being the following:
- One of only 1,575 clubs to achieve Top Three Highest in Per Capita Annual Giving honors in their district
- One of only 3,425 clubs worldwide to attain status as an Every Rotarian, Every Year Club (clubs must have achieved a minimum Annual Fund contribution of US$100 per capita with every dues-paying member contributing US$25 or more to the Annual Fund during the Rotary year).
- One of only 4,000 clubs worldwide to become a 100% Foundation Giving Club (clubs must have achieved an average of US$100 in per capita giving and 100 percent participation, with every dues-paying member contributing at least $25 to any or all of the following during the Rotary year: Annual Fund, PolioPlus Fund, approved global grants, or Endowment Fund).
Congratulations to all members of our club!
- Flowerama is looking for Delivery Volunteers to deliver flowers on Valentines Day, Thursday February 14th. Three pairs of volunteers signed up on the 7th and the sign-up sheet will be available again on January 21st. Volunteers work in pairs and need a van or SUV to carry flower arrangements.
We are looking for someone who would like to serve as the club’s Insurance representative.
What is an insurance Rep, you ask?? Well this is someone who would take any questions related to insurance (club related) and then pass those questions on to our District 6220 Insurance rep, Melanie Litter.
Please let me know if you are interested
Committee Meetings –
- Rotary Club of Green Bay Board meeting – January 18, 2019 - 8:00 am – downtown YMCA .
- Membership meeting – Tuesday, January 15, 7:30 am – Copper State
- FEA meeting – Wednesday, January 23, - 8:30 – 9:30 – 310 Pine St.
Eye Heart World chosen as FEA Charity Partner for 2019!!
Facebook Keep up to date. "Like" our club page.
Comments powered by CComment