Newsletter of the Rotary Club of Green Bay January 6, 2019
Happy New Year my Fellow Green Bay Rotarians,
I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and are ready for the new spirit that brings in a New Year. The Rotary Club of Green Bay had a wonderful 2018, we gained new members, we contributed to the local Rotary Foundation, Rotary International and the End Polio fund. Our Club had a couple of great socials and get-togethers, we began a new long-range project (modeled after our successful Oral Health Partnership) and we contributed many service hours to the Green Bay Community.
In addition, we passed a new set of by-laws, developed a list of more specific Committee responsibilities and instituted an Excellence in Public Safety Award which will honor individuals in the Green Bay Community who exemplify what it means to dedicate their lives personally and professionally to their community. Our first awardee was presented on December 10th, and our club intends to honor four individuals each year (March, June, October & December). We are also in the planning stages of erecting a permanent memorial in downtown Green Bay to honor the 100th anniversary of the club and honor our Free enterprise Award Recipients.
The Rotary Foundation of Green Bay, has, over the years, provided over $900,000 to the local community in the form of small grants awarded four times a year, and an award to our selected FEA charity partner. The Foundation also provides six different scholarships to area high school and college students amounting to over $9,000 annually. You will meet three of those students at this Monday’s meeting.
So for all you do, my fellow Green Bay Rotarians, I send a big THANK YOU!! Each of you contribute to the success of the club in so many different ways, and I count on your continued involvement and the development of new ideas to contribute to our community and the Rotary world in the coming year!!
Yours In Service,
Julia Wallace, 2018-19 Rotary Club of Green Bay President
Happy Birthday to these Rotarians who have January Birthdays
- Michael Radtke – January 8
- Mike Martin – January 21
Happy Anniversary to these Rotarians!
- Andrea Gage-Michaels – 2 years
- Tom Hamilton – 17 years
- Kathryn Kroll – 1 year
- Paul Martzke – 9 years
- Joyce McCollum – 19 years
- Darcel McDonald – 2 years
- Jeff Mirkes – 17 years
- Monday – January 7 – Classification talks for Emily Ames & Malinda O’Brien, Brand Strategy – Howard Hauser, Introduce our Scholarship recipients – NWTC/UWGB partnership.
- Monday - January 14 – Chief Andrew Smith, Green Bay Police Dept.
We are looking for someone who would like to serve as the club’s Insurance representative.
What is an insurance Rep, you ask?? Well this is someone who would take any questions related to insurance (club related) and then pass those questions on to our District 6220 Insurance rep, Melanie Litter.
Please let me know if you are interested.
- Rotary Foundation Board – January 8, 2019 - 3:30 310 Pine St.
- Tuesday, January 15, 7:30 am – Copper State
- Wednesday, January 23, - 8:00 – 9:00 – 310 Pine St.
- Do you an idea for a Rotary club speaker for the New Year?
- Do you have an idea of a lunch activity that could get our group engaged?
- Please contact Barbie Patterson, or me. We would love to get new ideas!
Facebook Keep up to date. "Like" our club page.
Comments powered by CComment