Newsletter of the Rotary Club of Green Bay December 2, 2018
Welcome to December!!
Happy Birthday to these Rotarians who have December Birthdays
- Gregory Le Grave – December 21
- Cheryl LeMere – December 11
- Brad Nagel – December 18
- Julia Wallace – December 5
Happy Anniversary to these Rotarians!
- Tm Guyette – 38 years!!
- Mike Radtke – 9 years
- Julia Wallace – 6 years
- Jason Wilke – 5 years
Welcome New Members: Russ Wood and Thom Cody!!
- Monday - December 3 – Family & Childcare Resources of N.E.W. - Nicole Virant
- Monday – December 10 – Annual Report from Rotary Foundation of Green Bay, Inc. - First Community Service Award presentation
- Monday – December 17 – Christmas Celebration at the Kroc Center
- Monday – December 24th, and 31st – No Rotary Meeting
- Rotary Foundation of Green Bay - Wednesday, December 5, 2018, 3:30 pm 300 Pine St
- Membership meeting – Tuesday, December 18, 7:30 am – Copper State
- FEA meeting – Tuesday, December 18, 8:30 am – 300 Pine St.
A Message from The Rotary Foundation of Green Bay Inc.
Annually the Rotary Foundation of Green Bay Inc - your local foundation - is required to replace at least two members of the board due to a rotating 3 year cycle of board members. We currently have the need to fill the two open board positions plus one additional through the retirement and resignation from the club of Foundation Vice President Steve Harty. These positions are required to be voted on by the club membership.
We have had three candidates express interest in the three open positions. They are as follows:
- Cheryl LeMere - A club member since 2014 having held numerous positions within the club and its board. Cheryl is a Financial Advisor at Edward Jones.
- Katie Quasius - A club member since 2010 and has been active in various committees including the FEA. Katie is Manager of Account Development at C H Robinson
- Amber Palush - A Fully fledged blue badge holder since last weeks meeting. Amber is VP of Community Engagement at the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation with a direct pulse on the needs of our community.
The invitation for candidates interested in the Foundation board positions have been announced at past meetings. Others wishing to place their name on the ballot are welcome to email Ian Griffiths directly at Igriffiths@bsagb.com or be written in on Mondays ballot.
The current board and positions that are filled are as follows:
- Ian Griffiths – Foundation President
- Jason Wilke – Treasurer
- Judy Nagel – Member at Large
- Miranda Bonde – Immediate Past President of the Club
- Julia Wallace – Club President
- Steve Mastalir – Club President Elect
WE will vote on these positions on Monday December 3, 2018
- Do you an idea for a Rotary club speaker for the New Year?
- Do you have an idea of a lunch activity that could get our group engaged?
- Please contact Barbie Patterson, or me. We would love to get new ideas!
District 6220 news….
I am very pleased to announce that District 6220 and District 6270 have formed a new entity to oversee, coordinate, and put on our joint District Conference. This will streamline the District Conference and among other benefits, will allow any club in our District to nominate a District Governor as the club will no longer be responsible for putting on and hosting the District Conference. If you have any questions about the entity, please feel free to reach out to myself or DGN Scott Knaffla.
We are now looking for a Council Secretary for this new entity whose duties will include:
- Recording, preserving, and distributing the minutes of all Council meetings;
- Preparing and sending meeting agendas in advance of each meeting;
- Maintaining and updating the Council roster, and obtaining and maintaining a current roster.
As with all committee assignments for this new entity, this is an unpaid position.
If you would be interested in this position as Council Secretary. Please contact Steve Handrick. District 6270 is also looking for a candidate for the current council members to select from.
Again, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me. We are very excited about the formation of this new entity and our joint conferences with D6270, and hopefully others in the future.
Steve Handrick, DGE
Yours In Service,
Julia Wallace, 2018-19 Rotary Club of Green Bay President
Facebook Keep up to date. "Like" our club page.
Comments powered by CComment