Newsletter of the Rotary Club of Green Bay November 4, 2018
Welcome to November!!!
Happy Birthday to these Rotarians who have November Birthdays
- Howard Hauser November 2nd
- Larry Connors – November 18
- Steve Handrick – November 4
- John McCormick – November 8
- Miranda Bonde – November 21
Happy Anniversary to these Rotarians
- Bob Bush – 31 Years!!
- Steve Harty – 19 years
- Paul Kendle – 27 years
- Judy Nagel – 25 years
- Gus Swoboda – 21 years
- Jeff Vandeleest –4 years
- Dave White – 29 years
- Monday, November 5 – Tom Schumacher Bay Area Community Council
- Monday – November 12 – Marty Peitte - Austin Straubel Airport Director
- Rotary Club of Green Bay Serves our Community – Here’s an opportunity – Coats for Kids Set-up Nov 8th 4-6 or 5:45-8:30 The Salvation Army – at the Kroc Center
Assist in sorting, sizing, and hanging up all coats for distribution. Assist in preparing additional coats for restocking. Assist in final room set up and preparation. This activity requires standing for extended periods of time. Activity will be performed at The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Center located at 1315 Lime Kiln Rd. Green Bay, WI 54311. Volunteers should be 18 years old or older.
Volunteers participating in the afternoon may get done early depending on the number of coats received and amount of sorting needed.
Volunteer check in is downstairs in the gymnasium
Become a ROTARY SCHOLAR
The Rotary District 6220 Board has approved a Global Grant Scholarship available for ACADEMIC YEAR: 2019-2020.
The Rotary District 6220 Global Grant Scholarship provides a $30,000 scholarship award for graduate (not doctorate) studies at a qualified college/university (i.e., has a graduate level program of study that directly relates to at least one of The Rotary Foundation’s (TRF) Areas of Focus) outside the USA for US citizens; or, for international citizens (namely, cannot have U.S. citizenship or have a green card or in the process of applying for U.S. citizenship), outside their native country where a Rotary host club can be identified. Scholars must commence studies no earlier than the beginning of the academic year in the fall of 2019 and conclude no later than December 30, 2020 and expend the scholarship funds within 12 months of starting studies.
In recognition of The Rotary Foundation’s (TRF) 100-year anniversary in 2017, the TRF Trustees set out to develop a plan to move the foundation toward its second century of service. The plan, called the Future Vision Plan, focuses TRF-funded programs to specific areas where they will have the greatest impact by addressing priority world needs that are presently most relevant to Rotarians.
As a result, to be eligible for a Rotary District 6220 Global Grant Scholarship, an applicant must have a background, intended graduate studies and future career plans related to at least one of the following focus areas:
Further information, including the “Prequalification Application” and “Timetable,” can be found on the District 6220 website (http://www.ridistrict6220.org/); “Global Grant Scholarship” page under “Rotary Foundation & Grants” page)
NOVEMBER IS FOUNDATION MONTH – THE ROTARY FOUNDATION
The mission of The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty.
Charity Navigator rates over 9000 charities in the US for Financial Stability, Accountability, and Transparency. In the last 10 years, The Rotary Foundation has been ranked in the top 10 and the last 3 years it has been tied for first.
Your Local Rotary Clubs invite you to join Rotarians and Friends of Rotary to participate in an Indoor Ride to End Polio
- Where: Western Racquet Club - 2500 Ashland Ave. Green Bay WI 5430
- When: Monday, November 12, 5:00-7:00 pm
Other groups signed up for the indoor ride so far. Even a team in Mongolia!
- Barrington Breakfast RC – D6440 – Illinois
- Calgary West (Canadian Drop to Zero Team) RC – D5360 – Canada
- RC of Cheraw – D7770 – South Carolina
- Dove Mountain RC - D5500 - Arizona
- Middleboro RC - D6666 - Maine
- Mountain Empire RC - D5500 - Arizona
- New Smyrna Beach (Rotary Flyers) RC – D6790 – Florida
- RC of Newark (Rotary Riders) – D6690 – Ohio
- Niislel RC - D3450 - Mongolia
- Paso Robles RC - D5240 - California
- RC Sierra Vista Sunrise - D5500 - Arizona
- RC of Tucson (Spark Gap) – D5500 – Arizona
- RC of Tucson – D5500 – Arizona
- Traverse City - D6290 - Michigan
- D5230 - Salinas, California
- D6000 - Boone, Iowa
- D6220 - (4 clubs) Green Bay, Wisconsin
- D6970 - Gainesville, Florida
- Individual rider - Park Ridge, Illinois
- Individual rider - Tucson, Arizona
- Individual rider – Sierra Vista, Arizona
- Individual rider – Richmond, California
October 27, 2018
On Monday October 22, 2018 our featured guests were three of the four RYLA students who are this year’s recipients of the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards and who attended this falls RYLA Conference. The Conference builds on students leadership skills and includes trust building exercises and challenging cognitive and physical experiences. Our students and Rotarian participants say this life changing experience builds inner strength and lasing friendships. It is open to high school sophomores and juniors in NE Wisconsin and the UP of Michigan.
- Next Meeting – Social Monday – Fox Harbor at 5:00 pm
- November 5 – Bay Area community Council – Tom Schumacher
- November 12 - Austin Straubel Airport – Marty Peitte , Ariport Director
- Indoor Ride to End Polio Western racquet and fitness 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Interested in moving our club forward and having fun?
Interested in a leadership position?
We are seeking someone interested in becoming the President nominee of the Rotary Club of Green Bay.
President nominee late 2018 - join board of directors, attend PETS March 2019 in NW Chicago
President Elect July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020- attend PETS for more training - co chair FEA
Club President July 1, 2020-June 30 2021 - gain power, prestige and recognition -- and joke about it!
If you are interested please email Julia Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org
*PETS - President Elect Training Session
we want you !
Yours In Service,
Julia Wallace, 2018-19 Rotary Club of Green Bay President
Facebook Keep up to date. "Like" our club page.
Comments powered by CComment